Thursday, February 4, 2016

Having Faith...WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23, 2008

Flashback Reflection to start the Lent journey...

I always felt I had great faith. I grew up in the church. Spent many nights, days, weekends, even weeks on retreat. I prayed continuously for everything. From food, clothing to a great boyfriend (which became my wonderful husband). Most of my life was centered around church and church activities. How could I have come so far from trusting, believing, and having faith in Jesus? I think as I grew into adulthood, I got a job, money, cars, houses, even a boat, etc.. There comes this moment that I realize that I do not have to pray for the needs anymore. I am able to go and get them myself. There comes less a dependency on "needing" God to supply those for us. My prayers than turn to Thanksgiving and Praise for the blessings that he has given us. I realize without the education and job opportunities that he provided for us we would not be where we are today. However, I get out of the pray routine of "asking" God for our needs. I turn My conversations with him into thanking him and not really listening to him anymore, because I have other ways for our needs to be met. The Holy Spirit has come to me and I so grateful for the time that I have gotten to spend reflecting on the healing I received in October. Many people still ask how am I? How do you know it was Jesus that healed you? How do you know you even had Parkinson? (that is my favorite comment! :) ) 


Here are my thoughts on that:
To answer the question: How do you know it was Jesus?
I have to say that I have been blessed with gift to be able to hear Jesus speak to me. I have heard his voice ever since I little. I know that voice like I know my friends voice on the phone from a simple "Hello." I honestly thought everyone could here is voice. I just learned recently that is not so. I just come to realize what a gift that is. Just like my kids do not always hear or listen to me. I struggle with that same problem when talking with the Lord. When I am able to get that quiet moment and go in to the silence I can still talk with him and here and see him. It is truly a great place to be.
Anyway here are my reflective thoughts on my healing from Oct.2007
Years have passed since I went to the healing. I have come to realize that Loriane provides the opportunity for your mind, body and soul to be open for Jesus to heal.
It is truly Jesus that does the healing. You have to have faith and believe in the impossible before the impossible can take place. For Jesus spent many years of his life healing the sick, what makes us think that he would stop there. He is still with us today healing and guiding us. He comes to us now in the silence. Waiting for us to ask him for help. It is then that you can hear him, it is then that you can feel him and it then when the healing takes place. Whether it is physical, mental or spiritual. He is there just waiting for us to ask.

It took me a year and half (and 4 doctors) to find the faith, trust, courage, strength and wisdom to know that I needed him to heal this. I could not do it alone and the doctors could not heal it. The healing would have to come from him. If it is his will for me to serve others than I knew that he would heal this disease that had taken away some of my ability to serve others in his name. I continue to serve others the best I can and I am always looking for ways to serve him better. For it is his will to be done!


May Christ Peace be with you all

No comments:

Post a Comment