Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Peg Doll School

The girls and their friends have really enjoyed the Peg Doll Church that we painted.  We are still working on our growing our peg doll collection, but the girls do not seem to mind playing with unfinished peg dolls. Since most parishes have schools attached, the kids wanted their peg church to have school.  Our family does a mixture of home school and Catholic schools.

After a trip to Michaels, I found this "Train Depot"  I liked it because it opened all the way like their church.  The girls like the bench in front for the dolls to wait for the bus.





Since both the girls wanted to paint the school, I took off the hinges and gave them each a side of the "train depot."  I then just let them paint.  I am not a helicopter mom.  I set them up and went to do the dishes.  At the end I did go and fix drips and filled in places that were missed.




  I have to say we have the most colorful school around.

After the school dried for several hours, I put the hinges back on and it was ready for play.  The girls got right to it and set up the school.





They opened up the church so that it looked like they were attached just like at our church.


Girls are working on painting desks and chairs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment